SEO is king in the online world. We’ve all probably heard this phrase dozens if not hundreds of times, however, there is a bonus pearl of wisdom that you may not be aware of that may even supercharge your SEO even further.
You may be surprised to know that the humble and informative infographic is also quite beneficial for your website’s SEO. I’m personally a lover of infographics and the simple way they can make a complicated concept a tad simpler to get my brain around.
So how can infographics benefit my SEO?
Infographics are useful educational tools that year on year has started to appear with increased regularity in a range of digital marketing content across all industries.
In a nutshell, infographics collect data, organises it and displays complex information in a super visual way so that it is easy to understand for the reader.
Now to the exciting part, how can these clever little diagrams help your SEO?
1. Engage with your audience via eye-catching images – the written word can be a little tedious when you're scanning through pages of content and infographics combine colours, movement, images, and icons in a creative way that engages with your audience and encourages them to interact, read and stay on your website page longer.
2. Infographics go viral – often if you’re infographic resonates with your audience it may be shareable across the web and on social media platforms, creating back links to your website.
3. Grab your audience’s attention – unlike words, which can be scanned and not ingested; an infographic will grab the attention of your reader and (hopefully) encourage them to read more of the finer details.
4. Liven up your brand and key messages – infographics liven up your message and brand and connect with your target market. You can add plenty of images, statistics, info and icons into your graphic that bonds your audience with your brand in a unique way.
5. Rank higher on Google – Google’s Page Rank algorithm is probably the Holy Grail of SEO and an effective infographic that connects with your audience and encourages them to click or share can seriously boost your Google ranking significantly.
Infographics are a unique way to improve your SEO and engage with your audience. More than pretty pictures, infographics are clever and help to boost your Google ranking through simple and effective engagement with your audience.
If you’d like to know more about how we can help with your SEO or perhaps just design some infographics for your business blogs, contact Net Mentor today.